Sunday, November 7, 2010

Murphy's Law - - Part 2

Well, I believe I have a life that is severely influnced by Murphy & his laws - and here's why -

In my past blog I talked about Mother Nature and all her fury - well here is part 2 of the story.

A friend amd me went out in the yard and broke apart the old shed that the wind blew down, and hauled the scrap to the salvage yard.  Imagine our suprize when we received $15.00 for the scrap!  What a deal - at least it paid for lunch. 

Not bad, right - a $15.00 windfall.   BUT - here comes Murphy!   I woke up the next morning and found that my truck had a flat tire!  I took the other car to work, and when I got home, took the tire to the local shop to get fixed - and guess what??  Yep - $15,00!   Shoot!  There went my windfall.

You think that would be it, right?  WRONG!!  I had to haul the old scrap lumber to the dump.  Now I'm thinking - $5.00 at the most for some scrap plywood and 2 X 4s.  But Noooo - almost $9.00!!!   Just goes to show you that you can't win 'em all - and when you do, watch out for Murphy!

No comments:

Post a Comment