Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Caveat Emptor

It's been a bit since my last post - been pretty busy, what with the holidays and all.   But I want to take this time to share an inciden that happened to me on eBay.

I am the proud owner of a 1998 Dodge Ram truck, quad cab 4 door.  This truck is really nice, and I wanted to jazz it up a little bit.  So I went on eBay, and pourchased a set of window visors for it.

Now the ad states -   ‎1998 98 DODGE RAM 1500 CLUB 4DR DOOR RAIN GUARD VISOR  - so as mine is a 4-door, I thought these would work.  To be sure, I contacted the seller, and was advised that yes, these would work.   So I ordered them.

I received them yesterday, and installed them today.  Before opening the package, I read the label, and it said "Club Cab 4 Door" right on the label.  And it looked right in the packaging.  So I opened the package, and installed the ones for the front windows - which fit fine.  I went to install the ones for the rear windows - - - and they didn't fit!  After checking a couple of different things, I determined that these were actually for a club-cab 2-DOOR, not a 4 door as advertized.   So I contacted the seller, advising that these were mispackaged.   And wonder of wonders - they respond - saying that these items WERE for a club cab 2-door, not a 4 door as advertized or marked!

I also contacted the manufacturer, letting them know that this product was mislabeled - Now - we will see what happens.

I guess this just goes to show you - Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

I'll let everyone know what (if anything) happens.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment